Saturday, May 24, 2008

This love branches out like an Oak tree...

Hello allllll! Well, things here in Chiang Mai are going fairly well these days! I started teaching again on Tuesday, and this week was SO LONG. It seriously seemed like it would never end, but it did, with a great sigh of relief. I lived. I'm trying to be better this year, but I already see myself falling into old patterns... leaving for lunch and taking naps. lol. BUT, I suppose that as long as I'm teaching, and I'm there when I have class, and appear to care, it doesn't really matter that much. Most of my kids are scared of me, and when I speak to them they just stare up at me blankly like "wow, you're a very big... very white.. monster." It's kind of amusing, but after 300 of them, it just gets old. I DO have a funny teaching story for you all... it won't be as funny on here as it was in real life, but it's just so amazing that I feel I have to share.
Friday, I was teaching "What is your name?" "my name is...." And the way I was teaching this was to have the kids sit in a big circle, and roll a ball to each other, and whoever got the ball had to answer me. I tried getting them to say "What is your name?" but they just stared at me blankly like I was a big white idiot. So, I rolled with it. Anyway, there were 2 little boys being a particular disruption... wrestling, kicking, pretending to be ninjas, etc. Which is all well and good, but for the sake of the class, I had to be the mean teacher and separate them... After about 3 minutes separated, I looked over at one of the little boys and he was holding his wrist up to his mouth and talking into it, like he had some secret walkie talkie device embedded in his wrist... I mean, he was into it. I'm almost certain that if I could've heard him he would've been talking about some secret mission to escape and saying 10:4 that Roger, over. THEN, I look over at the other little boy... and he's holding his wrist up to his ear and shaking his head like he can hear what the other little boy is saying.
This went on through the entire class, and I couldn't stop them because it was just so funny. I was like... wow. I wish I was still a kid.


Tuesday night I played my first little "show" in Chiang Mai,which was basically just a small gathering, and random people that wandered in.

It was good fun, good to see friends. And to see their reactions to my songs that most of them didn't even know I wrote. In Chiang Mai, I have kept my music a complete secret. But, I suppose the secret's out now, so, here goes nothin'!

Typical of me before I play a first show, I wasn't in the best of moods but I think that was okay, I got some pretty good responses. I've made some pretty awesome friends in this lovely city. I like them. They're funny.


I can't really think of much else worth saying right now, I'm doing okay. I miss friends at home, and hugs. I really miss hugs. And my familia, of course, but most of the time I am perfectly happy here. I have been getting restless for the next thing though, which is bad because, well, that won't come till October when I go to Laos! This next 6 months is gonna be SO sweet though. Just watch...

No comments: