Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Itchy Sweaters: My skin is too small

I got the job! I started last Tuesday at an Immigration Law Firm just outside of Philadelphia... now I wake up at 5:45 every morning, get ready, drive an hour and a half, work for 8+ hours, drive an hour and a half home... see my boyfriend, and hopefully a friend or two... the end.
I spend 14 hours a day sitting. Those of you who know me know that sitting still is not necessarily my strong point... but I'm doing it. And I'm learning. But the thing is... I'm still confused.
This stuff fascinates me. I know that when I go to law school that this experience will be invaluable and I will know so much, not only that, I'm surrounded by people that understand the importance of appreciating those who are different from us, which is a beautiful thing. But I haven't played my guitar in a month. I have no inspiration, and no desire to have any. I wear sweaters that itch... and itch... and itch... and I constantly feel like I'm going to burst out of my skin and find myself in some alternate reality where my dreams actually meet my reality. ... constantly.

I never do. And the itchy sweaters still itch. Bad.

No comments: